Monday, September 15, 2008

No Starbucks for a Month


This might not seem like a major goal to some, but I assure you this was no small feat for me. I have 3 Starbucks within a mile from my house. One of which has a drive-thru and I pass it every single day on my way to Ella's school. I've developed a serious addiction to their Cinnamon Dolce Latte, which-by the way-is the highest caloric drink on their menu.

I set the goal and I did it. I went an entire month without Starbucks. Without my sweet, buttery, cinnamon goodness. It wasn't that difficult at first. Two weeks went by before I started having withdrawal symptoms. Last week was brutal. I spent an entire day thinking about coffee. My homemade concoction wasn't going to cut it. I had to resort to asking friends to talk me down off the ledge. But I did it. And when I mentioned to my husband this morning that I'd completed the goal, he asked if I wanted to stop by Starbucks on the way out this morning and I said no. Yay me!

I might be salivating just a bit while I write this. I wonder if Starbucks serves dinner?

4 comments:

Monica said...

You are a far stronger woman than I am! (as I sit drinking my caramel latte).

Squishypig said...

Good job! Are you going to continue not going to Starbucks?

Karen S. said...

I doubt it. lol

Bethany said...

You did it! I bet it was hard. Congratulations!